From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- July 18 - First sacrificial pit at Sanxingdui in China found, leading to extensive investigation of the site.
- La Mojarra Stela 1.
- Wreck of HMS A1, the first British submarine casualty (1904), discovered in Bracklesham Bay by local fisherman.
- The second half of the Rogozen Treasure is found by archaeologists from the museum in Vratsa, Bulgaria.
- A fragment of Livy's Ab Urbe Condita Libri is found in Egypt.
- John McK. Camp - The Athenian Agora: excavations in the heart of classical Athens. London: Thames and Hudson. ISBN 0-500-39021-5
- Abraham de la Pryme (1672–1704) - A History of Kingston upon Hull. Kingston upon Hull City Council and Malet Lambert High School. ISBN 0-904767-12-4
- Pramod B. Gadre - Cultural Archaeology of Ahmadnagar during Nizam Shahi period, 1494-1632. Delhi: B.R. Publishing Corporation.
- Arlene Miller Rosen - Cities of Clay: the geoarcheology of tells. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 0-226-72626-6
- Henrieta Todorova (Хенриета Тодорова) - Каменно -медната епоха в България ("The Eneolithic period in Bulgaria"). Sofia.
- July 8 - Protection of Military Remains Act passed in the United Kingdom.
- November - First UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Great Britain designated: Durham Castle and Cathedral; Ironbridge Gorge; Studley Royal Park (including the ruins of Fountains Abbey); Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites; and Castles and Town Walls of King Edward in Gwynedd (Wales).
- Gabriellin, Chantal (2003). "Lucius Postumius Megellus at Gabii: A New Fragment of Livy". The Classical Quarterly n.s. 53: 247–259.
- "Protected Wrecks". historicengland.org.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Glyn Daniel". British Film Institute. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.