From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|7 x Wilder|
|Studio album by |
The Bob Brookmeyer 4
|Recorded||June 29, 1961|
New York City
|Bob Brookmeyer chronology|
The Allmusic review by Ken Dryden stated "It shouldn't be surprising that Hall's softly speaking guitar is the perfect complement to Brookmeyer's almost vocal valve trombone, since the two meshed so well together while working in the Jimmy Giuffre Trio just a few years earlier". On All About Jazz, C. Andrew Hovan noted "7 x Wilder is Brookmeyer at his finest".
All compositions by Alec Wilder except as indicated
- "While We're Young" (Alec Wilder, Morty Palitz, William Engvick) - 6:16
- "That's the Way It Goes" (Wilder, Sid Robin) - 4:43
- "The Wrong Blues" (Wilder, Engvick) - 4:38
- "It's So Peaceful in the Country" - 4:04
- "Blues for Alec" (Bob Brookmeyer) - 6:10
- "I'll Be Around" - 4:30
- "Who Can I Turn To" (Wilder, Engvick) - 4:27
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.