From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
19 April 1992
|Newspaper||Al-Arabi Newspaper - Weekly|
|National affiliation||National Front Alliance|
|House of Representatives|
1 / 568
The Arab Democratic Nasserist Party (Arabic: الحزب العربي الديمقراطي الناصري, romanized: al-Hizb al-'Arabi al-Dimuqrati al-Nasseri) is a Nasserist political party in Egypt, styling itself as the ideological successor of the old Arab Socialist Union party of Egypt's second president, Gamal Abdel Nasser.
The economic liberalizations, and foreign policy changes implemented by Nasser's successor as president, Anwar El Sadat, alienated many ideological Nasserists in the late 1970s and early 1980s. One illegal group, the Thawrat Misri, or Egyptian Revolution was formed in 1980. After it was broken up by the government, several of Nasser's relatives were shown to be involved.
Ideological Nasserists gravitated to either the Socialist Labor Party or the National Progressive Unionist Party (NPUF) throughout the rest of the decade. They were finally allowed to have an open legal party, the Arab Democratic Nasserist Party, led by Diya al-din Dawud, on 19 April 1992.
The party platform calls for:
- Social change towards progress and development.
- Defence and freedom of national will.
- Renouncing violence and combating terrorism.
- Protecting public freedoms.
- Enhancing the role of the public sector.
- Modernizing the Egyptian industries.
- Developing the agriculture sector.
- Encouraging inter-Arab economic integration.
- Providing free-of-charge medical treatment for citizens.
- Promoting peace in the world arena.
- "تحالف الجبهة الوطنية: الاحزاب اتفقت على وثيقتنا السياسية". Youm7. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "A Partial Guide to the Egyptian Political Parties". Connected in Cairo. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Political Parties of the Middle East and North Africa Frank Tachau Ed. Westport Conn: Greenwood Press 1994
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.