From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|City of Greater Shepparton|
|• Density||27.253/km2 (70.585/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||18 November 1994|
|Area||2,422 km2 (935.1 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Kim O'Keefe|
|Website||City of Greater Shepparton|
The City of Greater Shepparton is a local government area in the Hume region of Victoria, Australia, located in the north-east part of the state. It covers an area of 2,422 square kilometres (935 sq mi) and, in June 2018, had a population of 66,007. It includes the city of Shepparton and the towns of Arcadia, Ardmona, Congupna, Dookie, Grahamvale, Kialla, Lemnos, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Tallygaroopna, Tatura, Toolamba and Undera. It was formed in 1994 from the amalgamation of the City of Shepparton, Shire of Shepparton, and parts of the Shire of Rodney, Shire of Euroa, Shire of Goulburn, Shire of Tungamah, Shire of Violet Town and Shire of Waranga.
The City is governed and administered by the Greater Shepparton City Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Shepparton, it also has a service centre located in Tatura. The City is named after the main urban settlement located in the centre of the LGA, that is Shepparton, which together with adjoining Mooroopna form the LGA's most populous urban area with a population of 51,903.
|Robert Priestley||Deputy Mayor|
The council meets in the council chambers at the council headquarters in the Shepparton Municipal Offices, which is also the location of the council's administrative activities. It also provides customer services at both its administrative centre in Shepparton, and its service centre in Tatura.
In June 2018 the shire had a population of 66,007.
|Mooroopna North West||74|
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18: Population Estimates by Local Government Area (ASGS 2018), 2017 to 2018". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019. Estimated resident population, 30 June 2018.
- "Order Constituting ... the City of Greater Shepparton ...(part 12)". Victoria Government Gazette. State Government of Victoria (S87): 5. 18 November 1994. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18: Population Estimates by Significant Urban Area, 2008 to 2018". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019. Estimated resident population, 30 June 2018.
- Greater Shepparton City Council. "Greater Shepparton City Council". Greater Shepparton City Council. Greater Shepparton City Council. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- Victorian Electoral Commission. "GSCC Election 2020". Victorian Electoral Commission. Victorian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.