From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||951 8th Street, Hammonton, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.593872 N, 74.801525 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2000|
|Opened to the public||2002|
|Key people||Frank DiMatteo Jr.,|
Frank DiMatteo III (owners)
|Distribution||On-site, wine festivals, NJ liquor stores, NJ restaurants, home shipment|
|Tasting||Tastings Friday to Tuesday|
DiMatteo Vineyards is a winery located in Hammonton in Atlantic County, New Jersey. Formerly a family produce farm, the vineyard was first planted in 2000, and opened to the public in 2002. In 2010, the winery moved its headquarters to a new location in Hammonton. DiMatteo has 14 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 1,500 cases of wine per year. The winery is named after the family that owns it.
DiMatteo Vineyards is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wine from Cabernet Franc, Cayuga White, Chambourcin, Chancellor, Chardonnay, Concord, Diamond, Ives noir, Merlot, Niagara, Syrah, Traminette, and Vidal blanc grapes. DiMatteo also makes fruit wines from apples, blueberries, cranberries, peaches, pumpkins, and strawberries. It is the only winery in New Jersey that produces wine from Diamond, which is a white hybrid grape developed in New York in the 1880s.
DiMatteo has a farm winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce up to 50,000 gallons of wine per year, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association.
- "South Jersey Wine a Family Legacy" in The Society Page (archived website) (27 August 2012). Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Peskoe, Ashley. "New Jersey wineries showcase selections at annual festival" in The Star-Ledger (8 April 2013). Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573.
- Toms, Charlie. "DiMatteo Vineyards Review" in American Winery Guide (1 June 2013). Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "Cabin Fever Got You? Visit The Newest Tasting Rooms Around The State!" Archived 2013-05-29 at the Wayback Machine (4 March 2010). Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Lee, Michelle. "Hot summer has area wineries beginning grape harvest early" in The Press of Atlantic City (8 September 2010). Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. "2013 Results" (24 March 2013). Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- DiMatteo Vineyards. "DiMatteo Vineyards: Wines" (commercial website). Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Rombough, Lon. The Grape Grower: A Guide to Organic Viticulture. (White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green, 2002). ISBN 9781603580823.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived June 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Wineries." Retrieved 29 March 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.