From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Down Home Style|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||June 10, 1969|
|Producer||Lew Futterman, Larry Rogers|
|Brother Jack McDuff chronology|
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awarded the album 4 stars and stated "A set of gritty electric funk and soulful blues, Down Home Style is an excellent showcase for Brother Jack McDuff's gripping, funky style... the record is designed as a showcase for McDuff's wild, intoxicating Hammond organ, and he runs with the it, demonstrating every one of his tricks".
- All compositions by Jack McDuff except as indicated
- "The Vibrator" - 4:48
- "Down Home Style" - 5:06
- "Memphis in June" (Hoagy Carmichael, Paul Francis Webster) - 4:16
- "Theme from Electric Surfboard" - 3:34
- "It's All a Joke" - 3:48
- "Butter (For Yo Popcorn)" - 4:08
- "Groovin'" (Eddie Brigati, Felix Cavaliere) - 5:18
- "As She Walked Away" - 8:01
- Recorded in Memphis, Tennessee on June 10, 1969.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.