Musical instrument / From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dear Wikiwand AI, let's keep it short by simply answering these key questions:
Can you list the top facts and stats about Drum kit?
Summarize this article for a 10 years old
SHOW ALL QUESTIONS
A drum kit (also called a drum set,[lower-alpha 1] trap set, or simply drums) is a collection of drums, cymbals, and sometimes other auxiliary percussion instruments set up to be played by one person. The drummer typically holds a pair of matching drumsticks, and uses their feet to operate a foot-controlled hi-hat and bass drum pedal.
|The drum kit|
A standard kit usually consists of:
- A snare drum, mounted on a stand
- A bass drum, played with a beater moved by a foot-operated pedal
- One or more tom-toms, including rack toms and/or floor toms
- One or more cymbals, including a ride cymbal and crash cymbal
- Hi-hat cymbals, a pair of cymbals that can be manipulated by a foot-operated pedal
The drum kit is a part of the standard rhythm section and is used in many types of popular and traditional music styles, ranging from rock and pop to blues and jazz.