From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Birth name||Georgy Ivanovich Shpak|
|Born||September 8, 1943|
Osipovichi, Mogilev, USSR
|Allegiance|| Soviet Union|
|Years of service||1966–2003|
|Commands held||350th Guards Airborne Regminet |
Turkestan Military District
Volga Military District
Russian Airborne Forces
First Chechen War
He served as a soldier for six months in the 137th Guards Airborne Regiment in Ryazan, then entered the Ryazan Higher Airborne Command School, from which he graduated with honors in 1966 and was appointed commander of the cadet platoon.
In 1970 he became a company commander of cadets at the school, and in 1973 he became lecturer at the department of tactics. Six months later he was appointed battalion commander in the 44th Airborne Training Division in the Baltic area.
After graduating in 1978 from the M. V. Frunze Military Academy. Shpak commanded the famous 350th Guards Airborne Regiment and deployed with it to Afghanistan on December 25, 1979.
Since 1992 he was chief of staff to the first deputy commander of the Volga Military District.
From December 4, 1996 to September 8, 2003 he was Commander of the Russian Airborne Forces.
In September 2003, after leaving the military service, he announced his intention to engage in politics and joined the people's patriotic bloc, and later - the Rodina party, in which he remained until October 2004. On December 7, 2003 was reelected to the Federal Assembly of Russia, where he became deputy chairman of the Defense Committee. In March 2004, ahead of the opponent in the second round, scored 53.5% of the votes and was elected governor of the Ryazan Oblast, where he remained until 2008.
- Order "National Glory"(Moscow)
- Order "For the revival of Russia in the 21st Century" international competition "Pilar" (Foundation" Unity leaders of the domestic production in small, medium and large businesses", Moscow)
- Medal "For faultless work " (non-profit partnership "Coordination Center of security and detective agencies", Ryazan)
- Order of the "Holy Emperor Nicholas II" 2nd degree (League revive the traditions of the Russian monarchy, Moscow)
- Order of the Holy Prince Peter and Fevronia degree I (Regional Public Organization in strengthening marriage and family "People's Club" Family") "for military feat in saving lives and families"
- Honorary citizen of Osipovichi
- Distinguished graduate Kuai Samara State Aerospace University (Samara State Aerospace University)
He is married to his wife, Alla, with whom he has a son, Guards Lieutenant Oleg, who was killed in 1995, in the First Chechen War and daughter, Elena, who achieved the rank of colonel of medical service (Military Hospital, NNBurdenko). He has three grandchildren, Oleg, Anna and Alexander.
In December 2011, he published a biographical book General Georgy Shpak, written by a friend and colleague, Boris Kostin.
- "New Leaders Named in Two Regions; Is Moscow Next?". Radio Free Europe. March 11, 2008. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- "Russian troops storm rebel bastion". Express India. AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE. January 14, 2000. Archived from the original on October 11, 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.