From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 20, 2012|
Mad Hatter Studio East
|Producer||Chick Corea and Gary Burton|
|Gary Burton chronology|
|Chick Corea chronology|
Hot House is the seventh recording by vibraphonist Gary Burton and pianist Chick Corea released in March 2012 from Concord Jazz label. It received Grammy Award nominations in Best Jazz Instrumental Album, and the title track "Hot House" won the Best Improvised Jazz Solo.
|All About Jazz||(not rated)|
The Allmusic review by Thom Jurek awarded the album four stars and states, "This is collaboration in its purest and most elegant form."
Thom Jurek of Allmusic wrote "This time out, Corea and Burton picked pieces by some of their favorite composers -- mostly from the jazz world, of course -- yet chose compositions that were less than obvious... The duo's approach in wedding mainstream and modern jazz (often inside the same tune) will appeal mostly to fans of the duo's previous six recordings. That said, Hot House is a further example of the nearly symbiotic language they've developed over the past 40 years, and is a stellar example of masterful dialogic articulation and execution. This is collaboration in its purest and most elegant form."
- "Can't We Be Friends" (Paul James, Kay Swift) – 7:26
- "Eleanor Rigby" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney) – 7:01
- "Chega de Saudade" (Antônio Carlos Jobim, Vinícius de Moraes) – 10:46
- "Time Remembered" (Bill Evans) – 6:13
- "Hot House" (Tadd Dameron) – 3:54
- "Strange Meadow Lark" (Dave Brubeck) – 7:05
- "Light Blue" (Thelonious Monk) – 6:04
- "Once I Loved" (Antônio Carlos Jobim, Vinícius de Moraes) – 7:22
- "My Ship" (Ira Gershwin, Kurt Weill) – 11:53
- "Mozart Goes Dancing" (Chick Corea) – 7:13
- Gary Burton — vibraphone
- Chick Corea — piano
- Ilmar Gavilan — violin
- Melissa White — violin
- Juan Miguel Hernandez — viola
- Paul Wiancko — cello
- Chick Corea — producer
- Gary Burton — producer
- Bill Rooney — executive producer
- Greg Calbi — mastering
- Steve Fallone — mastering
- Bernie Kirsch — engineer, mixing
- Gloria Kaba — mixing assistant
- Bob Cetti — assistant engineer
- Bob Mallory — assistant engineer
- Glenn Suyker — piano technician
- Evelyn Brechtlein — production coordination
- Dan Muse — Liner Note Coordination
- Andrew Elliott — Personal assistant
- Julie Rooney — art coordinator, photography
- Marc Bessant — graphics
- Ernest Gregory — photography
|Billboard Jazz Albums||12|
- "GRAMMY Award Results for Chick Corea". Recording Academy. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Jurek, Thom. "Hot House - Gary Burton,Chick Corea | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Kelman, Jon (28 March 2012). "Chick Corea & Gary Burton: Hot House". allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Hot House - Gary Burton,Chick Corea | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.