From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Jessie Creek Winery|
|Location||1 North Delsea Drive (Route 47), Cape May Court House, NJ, USA|
|Coordinates||39.100175 N, 74.874768 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2002|
|Opened to the public||2012|
|Key people||Bruce Morrison,|
|Other attractions||Bed and breakfast|
|Distribution||On-site, home shipment|
Jessie Creek Winery is a winery in the Dias Creek section of Middle Township (mailing address is Cape May Court House) in Cape May County, New Jersey. The vineyard was first planted in 2002, and opened to the public in 2012. Jessie Creek has 5 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 1,200 cases of wine per year. The winery's name is an amalgamation of Jessie, the name of the former owner's mother, and Dias Creek.
Jessie Creek Winery is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wines from Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Concord, Merlot and Pinot gris grapes. Jessie Creek also makes fruit wines from cranberries.
Since 2010, the winery has operated a 4-suite bed and breakfast in an 1846 farmhouse. Jessie Creek has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association.
- Pavlis, Gary C. "A South Jersey Field of Dreams" in Jersey Eats (reprinted article) (June 2012). Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Jessie Creek Winery Open for Business" in The Cape May County Herald (6 May 2012). Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Procida, Lee. "Gov. Chris Christie lifts spirits of New Jersey winemakers with law to loosen sales restrictions" in The Press of Atlantic City (18 January 2012). Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Procida, Lee. "N.J.'s wineries-in-waiting hope the state will rewrite its rules so they can sell" in The Press of Atlantic City (1 July 2011). Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Toms, Charlie. "Jessie Creek Winery Review" in American Winery Guide (24 August 2013). Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Salasin, Kelly. "Remembering. . . Dr. Bob" in The Sun by the Sea (Summer 2007). Retrieved 9 June 2013. Until 2007, the vineyard was owned by Joseph Yuzzi, whose mother's name was Jessie Yuzzi.
- Urgo, Jacqueline L. "Southern Shore yields fine wines" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (25 September 2012). Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Jessie Creek Winery. "The Inn at Jessie Creek: Rooms & Rates" (commercial website). Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived 2013-06-21 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Vineyards." Retrieved 8 September 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.