From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||1750 Bloomsbury Ave, Ocean Township, New Jersey, USA|
|Key people||Michael Kane|
|Annual production volume||10,000 barrels a year|
|Tasting||Tastings and tours on Wednesday through Sunday|
Kane Brewing is a craft brewery in Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey. It was started in 2011. It is New Jersey's third largest craft brewery, after Flying Fish Brewery and River Horse Brewery.
Kane Brewing was founded by the Michael Kane. He started homebrewing at 22 in order to recreate a German/Belgian style beer he tasted while on a trip in College.. After he won gold and silver medals at the 2009 National Homebrew Competition he took his hobby more seriously and researched opening a brewery. He took a job at a Wall Street mergers and acquisitions firm, but after 4 years he quit to open his own brewery in 2011 in a former casket shop. The following year New Jersey beer laws were harmonized with those of surrounding states, allowing production limits to increase and giving Kane an opportunity to grow quickly into one of New jersey's biggest breweries.
- New Jersey Craft Beer. "New Jersey Breweries & Brewpubs – contact info, tours, tastings and more" (21 September 2013) Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "19 Craft Breweries Worth Going Out of Your Way For". Food & Wine. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "NJ beer: Kane Brewing Company's secret to craft beer success". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "N.J. bill to boost microbreweries signed into law by Gov. Chris Christie". NJ.com. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- Stern, Karen (2016-05-20). "Wall St guy's path to happiness: Less banking, more beer". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.