From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Founded||Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy (1945)|
|Founder||Carlo Leopoldo Lualdi|
|Headquarters||Villanova, San Daniele del Friuli, Italy|
|Products||Medical devices Reconstructive and custom-made orthopedic solutions|
LimaCorporate is a medical device company.
With over 900 staff members and two production plants worldwide, LimaCorporate sells its products through a network of direct subsidiaries companies and distributors in over 42 countries.
LimaCorporate was the first to bring 3D Printing to a Hospital Setting.
The founder of LimaCorporate, Carlo Leopoldo Lualdi, began manufacturing surgical instruments in 1945.
In 1953, the first helicopter prototype was created, relying solely on Italian know-how. Since then, and until the year 2000, LimaCorporate became one of the most important suppliers in the aerospace sector.
In the 1990s, the company continued to focus on the medical devices market with the specific aim of broadening its presence on a global level. In the year 2000, this approach led to Lima’s decision to exclusively specialize in the production of Orthopedic implants.
In the 2000s, LimaCorporate made the decision to develop the EBM (Electron Beam Melting) technology, or additive manufacturing, to address the functional limitations of the coatings applied to traditional prosthetic implants. In 2007, the company’s first acetabular cup featuring TT, LimaCorporate’s proprietary 3D printing technology, was developed and implanted for the first time in Italy.
Furthermore, the company announced the completion of a Distribution Agreement with OrthAlign, Inc. for a tibial/femoral handheld navigation device and associated instrumentation to be supplied within the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland markets, excluding Romania.
Additionally, the company announced the completion of an assets acquisition process with Zimmer Holdings Inc. on July 3, 2015. They acquired the Zimmer® Unicompartmental High Flex Knee (ZUK) and Biomet® elbow system for distribution within the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and Japan as well as the Biomet® complete knee system for Denmark and Sweden. The agreement was approved by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission at the end of the same year.
In 2016, EQT, with Hansjörg Wyss as the co-investor, completed the acquisition process for the majority of shares of LimaCorporate.
In 2019, LimaCorporate announced the completion of a distribution agreement with G21 S.r.l. to supply cement spacer molds for the shoulder, hip and knee as well as antibiotic-loaded bone cement. Additionally, the company entered into an agreement with Dedienne Santé S.a.s. to distribute dual mobility acetabular cups in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Since 2007, LimaCorporate has been a pioneer in the 3D printing of standard and custom implants for Orthopedic applications and conceived, produced and patented the TT technology, the next generation in additive manufacturing technology. LimaCorporate boosted over ten years of clinical heritage with 3D printed implants.
Since March 2016, LimaCorporate has been owned by EQT, with the family office of a successful Orthopedic entrepreneur as the co-investor. EQT is a differentiated global investment organization with EUR 62 billion of commitments raised since its inception.
EQT has portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and the US with total sales of EUR 21 billion and approximately 127,000 employees.
LimaCorporate’s Advisory Board includes Industry Experts who support the company’s growth:
- Michel Orsinger, Chairman of the Board
- Doug Kohrs, Board Member
- Eric Lohrer, Board Member
- Massimo Rossi, Board Member
- Michael Bauer, Board Member
- Rodrigo Bianchi, Board Member
- Petra Rumpf, Board Member
Luigi Ferrari has been the CEO of LimaCorporate since November 2012, and Michele Marin has been the CFO since March 2018.
The company announced the completion of an assets acquisition process with Zimmer Holdings Inc. on July 3, 2015. They acquired the Zimmer® Unicompartmental High Flex Knee (ZUK) and Biomet® elbow system for distribution within the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and Japan as well as the Biomet® complete knee system for Denmark and Sweden. The agreement was approved by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission at the end of the same year.
In 2018, LimaCorporate acquired TechMah Medical LLC, a medical device software company located in Tennessee (USA), to offer digital applications that complement their hardware portfolio.
LimaCorporate’s awards include the following:
- "LimaCorporate - Orthopaedic Emotion". LimaCorporate.com. Retrieved 2019-11-28.
- "History - LimaCorporate". LimaCorporate.com. Retrieved 2019-11-28.
- "LimaCorporate Worldwide". LimaCorporate.com. Retrieved 2019-11-28.
- "LimaCorporate Heads First 3D Printing Site On Hospital Campus To Address Complex Custom Orthopedic Implants" (PDF).
- "LimaCorporate celebrates 10 years of 3D printing: Trabecular Titanium" (PDF).
- "LimaCorporate enters into an Agreement for Distribution with Orthalign for Handheld Navigation Device" (PDF).
- "LimaCorporate announces completion of Zimmer-Biomet assets acquisition. Combination of assets strengthens Lima in the knee and extremities market" (PDF).
- "Lima Corporate completes acquisition of Zimmer Biomet assets in Japan" (PDF).
- "LimaCorporate announces milestone-based acquisition of Techmah Medical LLC to expand digital footprint in orthopaedics" (PDF).
- "LimaCorporate enters into an Agreement for distribution with G21 for Spaceflex Cement Spacer Portfolio" (PDF).
- "Limacorporate enters into an Agreement with Dedienne Santé for Distribution of Dual Mobility Cups".
- "LimaCorporate - Technology".
- "EQT AND HANSJÖRG WYSS NEW OWNERS OF LIMA CORPORATE" (PDF).
- "EQT Group".
- "Michele Marin appointed as new Member of the Italian Board of Directors" (PDF).
- "SMAU Innovation Award 2017".
- "Best Strategy for Capital Market Use in 2016-2017".
- "Diversity and Inclusion Award 2018".
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.