From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MESA is a seismic survey design software currently owned by ION Geophysical. The software provides set of tools for optimizing onshore, offshore and transition zone survey design and planning. The software comes with three licenses namely, MESA field, MESA Professional and MESA Expert.
The seismic survey design software can be used to design seismic survey in offshore, onshore, subsurface coverage analysis for 3D/3C and Vertical seismic profile surveys. Also survey cost analysis, project tracking, crew production statistics can be managed. Other modelling studies such as ray tracing and illumination analysis can also be done.
In May 2018 ION Geophysical signed a letter of intent to streamline workflow of MESA with seismic modelling software NORSAR 3D. The feature is available from MESA 15.1 and NORSAR-3D 2017.3 versions.
- "Mesa – ION". www.iongeo.com. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- "MESA". PetroMehras Directory. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- "Input/Output Announces Acquisition Of Green Mountain Geophysics – ION". www.iongeo.com. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- "I/O Acquisition". web.archive.org. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- "Application of Green Mountain MESA Software in Three-Dimensional Seismic Prospecting-2005". en.cnki.com.cn. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "Mesa. Get the software safely and easily". Software Informer. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "KeyfactsEnergy". keyfactsenergy.com. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "ION and NORSAR complete joint software development to optimize survey design - NORSAR". www.norsar.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "GeoUnit - Planning and supervision of 2D/3D Seismic survey". geounit.com.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "Field Seismic Acquisition". www.tng.ru. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "Scanseis". www.scanseis.com. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "Software Capability-Amigos Energy Consultants". Retrieved 2020-11-19.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.