From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mainéar Uí Chuinneagáin
Location in Ireland
|• Dáil Éireann||Donegal|
|Time zone||UTC+0 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-1 (IST (WEST))|
Manorcunningham, or Manor (Irish: Mainéar Uí Chuinneagáin, meaning "The Manor of Fort Cownyngham") is a small village and townland in County Donegal, Ireland. It is located 7 kilometers from Letterkenny on the main road to Derry. It is known locally and throughout Donegal as just Manor.
Currently housing development is ongoing and quickly becoming a place to live and commute to the major towns such as Letterkenny.
Manorcunningham railway station opened on 30 June 1883, closed for passenger traffic on 3 June 1940, and finally closed altogether on 10 August 1953.
The Local Community Resource Centre hosts a number of local community groups under the umbrella organisation called Manorcunningham Community Development Ltd. often referred to as MCDA, who run the Community Resource Centre. The facility has a computer suite, with broadband access, and hosts Fitness, boxing, parent & toddler group, women's group, historical society, festival committee, Lagan Harps Football Club, Irish & old time dancing, and community youth projects.
MCDA are also developing plans for the wider village, inclusive of health natters, outreach services, and infrastructure.
There are two local shops, takeaway, post office and a hairdressers in the village. Religious services are held in both the Church of Ireland  and Presbyterian Churches, with the Roman Catholic services held in the local Catholic church located on the outskirts of the village. 
A regular Lough Swilly bus service once ran through the village towards either Letterkenny or Derry until 2014 when the company ceased trading. Bus Eireann took over the route, however their bus service only stops on the main N13 road adjacent to the village, with no buses from Bus Eireann travelling through the main village from 2014 onwards. A new dedicated covered bus shelter was built at the main road junction with the village..
Transport is also available via Gallaghers Coach Company, who run a service between Annagry and Belfast via Derry, and which will stop in Manorcunningham at request.
- "Census 2016 Sapmap Area: Settlements Manorcunningham". Central Statistics Office (Ireland). Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-22. Retrieved 2011-10-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Placenames Database of Ireland
- "Manorcunningham station" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-09-28. Retrieved 2010-09-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-27. Retrieved 2010-09-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.