From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Moment to Moment|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||June 23, 2010|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ|
|Houston Person chronology|
|All About Jazz|||
In his review on Allmusic, Ken Dryden states "In his mid-seventies at the time of this record date, tenor saxophonist Houston Person shows no signs of slowing down; he's accompanied here by musicians who are, for the most part, at least a generation younger. Person's lush tone is a major part of the standards of the date". On All About Jazz, Greg Simmons noted "Those expecting a deeply relaxed, background-music affair may be in for a mild surprise. Person hasn't suddenly become a hyper-aggressive free-jazz screamer, but the disc opens at a quick pace and returns to it periodically throughout ... Moment to Moment has everything to be expected in a Houston Person album, then adding a little bit more, making it another fine entry in Person's string of excellent HighNote releases".
- "Bleeker Street" (Houston Person) – 3:57
- "I Cover the Waterfront" (Johnny Green, Edward Heyman) – 5:56
- "Moment to Moment" (Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) – 4:45
- "Freight Dance" (Ray Brown) – 4:33
- "Don't Take Your Love from Me" (Henry Nemo) – 6:09
- "E Nada Mais" (Durval Ferreira, Luís Fernando de Oliveira Freire) – 4:49
- "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel) – 6:12
- "Back in New Orleans" (Michael Dees) – 6:04
- "All My Life" (Sam H. Stept, Sidney D. Mitchell) – 3:31
- "Love Won't Let Me Wait" (Vinnie Barrett, Bobby Eli) – 5:47
- "Nina Never Knew" (Louis Alter, Milton Drake) – 3:51
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.