From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Released||April 12, 2005|
|Recorded||November 8 and 10, 2004|
|Studio||Fantasy Studios, Studio D, Berkeley, CA|
|Label||Concord Jazz CCD-2277-2|
|Producer||Gary Burton, Nick Phillips|
|Gary Burton chronology|
|All About Jazz|||
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
John Fordham of The Guardian wrote "There's a strong Pat Metheny feel in plenty of places (pianist Vadim Neselovskyi is a particular devotee, to judge by the easy swing of his work here) and Gary Burton's openness to both classical music and jazz gets a shapely acknowledgement in Samuel Barber's Fuga. The crystal stream of Burton's vibes winds engagingly around the piano and guitar on the standard My Romance, but it's bassist Luques Curtis's vampy, elliptical blues Ques Sez that brings the nearest thing to a mischievous flush to the cheeks of this rather glossily formal music. Pianist Neselovskyi also sounds the most promising of the young improvisers on it. Classical listeners on the lookout for jazz that doesn't tingle the teeth may like this set very much, but for all the collective expertise, very few unexpected corners get turned."
Ken Dryden of Allmusic stated "This meeting of a jazz master and four prodigies is well worth acquiring."
|1.||"Prelude for Vibes"||Vadim Neselovskyi||6:02|
|2.||"My Romance"||Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers||6:23|
|3.||"'Ques Sez"||Luques Curtis||7:07|
|4.||"Get Up and Go"||Vadim Neselovskyi||7:58|
|5.||"B & G"||Pat Metheny||6:26|
|6.||"A Dance for Most of You"||Alain Mallet||5:54|
|7.||"Walkin' in Music"||Julian Lage||6:26|
|8.||"Summer Band Camp"||Mick Goodrick||5:05|
- "Gary Burton: Next Generation". Allmusic. allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fordham, John (5 August 2005). "Gary Burton, Next Generation". The Guardian. theguardian.com. Retrieved 2 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kelman, John (May 3, 2005). "Gary Burton: Next Generation". All About Jazz. allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 205. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Siders, Harvey (1 June 2005). "Gary Burton: Next Generation". Jazz Times. jazztimes.com. Retrieved 3 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Himes, Geoffrey (6 May 2005). "GARY BURTON "Next Generation" Concord". The Washington Post. washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Gary Burton – Next Generation". Discogs. discogs.com. Retrieved 2 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.