From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pablo Pacheco Avila was about 35 years old when he was put in prison. He is married and has one son.
Pacheco Avila was arrested for six hours by Fidel Castro's officers after trying to video two totalitarian police officers mishandling two women. Avila was imprisoned during the Black Spring in 2003 and sentenced to 20 years in prison for providing news coverage on a peaceful pro-democracy meeting. He was released in 2010, and he deported to Spain. He now lives in Malaga.
- "Pablo Pacheco Avila". Reporters Without Borders.
- "PABLO PACHECO AVILA - Cuba". Amnesty International.
- "Pablo Pacheco Avila". Foreign Prisoner Support Service. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Freedom For Pablo Pacheco Avila". Capitol Words. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Voices From Exile". Pablo Pacheco Ávila.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.