From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Palestinian National and Islamic Forces is a coalition formed shortly after the outbreak of the second Intifada with the authorization of Yasser Arafat and led by Marwan Barghouti. The coalition coordinates the agenda of its members and helps plan and execute joint political actions against Israel. According to the Anti-Defamation League, the group enjoyed significant influence during the second intifada, but since the election of Mahmoud Abbas in 2005 it has been less active.
The group's committee includes representatives of the following organizations:
- Palestinian National Liberation Movement (Fatah); Expelled as an agency for collaborating with the enemy; Individual loyalists
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP);
- Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas);
- Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP);
- Palestinian People's Party (PPP);
- Palestinian Democratic Union (FIDA);
- Palestinian Popular Struggle Front (PPSF, Khalid ‘Abd al-Majid faction);
- Palestinian Liberation Front (PLF);
- Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine (PIJ);
- Arab Liberation Front (ALF);
- Palestinian Arab Front (PAF);
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command (PFLP-GC); Expelled and declared illegal agency for attacking Palestinians with Syrian Forces
- Islamic National Salvation Party;
- Popular Liberation War Pioneers (As-Sa'iqa)
- Palestine13 (P13);
- International Terrorist Symbols Database. Palestinian National and Islamic Forces Archived 2013-01-23 at the Wayback Machine (ADL)
- "Country reports on terrorism", U.S. State Dept., April 27, 2005
- Statement issued by the National and Islamic Forces Archived 2006-04-25 at the Wayback Machine February 10, 2001
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.