From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||September 6, 1942|
|Occupation||Special effects artist|
Robert Swarthe (born September 6, 1942) is a special effects artist who started out directing short films. He has 2 Academy Award nominations.
- 48th Academy Awards-Nominated in the category of Best Animated short, Kick Me, lost to Great.
- 52nd Academy Awards-Nominated in the category of Best Visual Effects, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, nomination shared with John Dykstra, Grant McCune, David K. Stewart, Douglas Trumbull and Richard Yuricich. Lost to Alien.
The Academy Film Archive preserved Kick Me and The Unicycle Race by Swarthe.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- One from the Heart (1982)
- The Outsiders (1983)
In addition he appeared in a making of Close Encounters of the Third Kind video in 2001.
- "The 48th Academy Awards (1976) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- "The 52nd Academy Awards (1980) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- "Preserved Projects". Academy Film Archive.
- Robert Mitchell on IMDB
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.