From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Date of birth||August 12, 1994|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:10, 30 October 2017 (UTC)|
Tanner Thompson (born August 12, 1994) is a former American professional soccer player.
Thompson attended the Indiana University for four years, where he was a 3x All American for the Hoosiers. With the Hoosiers, Thompsons scored 18 goals in 83 appearances, while also recording 19 assists.
He was named NSCAA First Team All-American twice (2014 & 2016), and NSCAA Third Team All-American once in 2015. Thompson was 2x Big 10 Conference Midfielder of the Year (2015 & 2016), and a 2x MAC-Hermann Trophy Semifinalist (2014 & 2016). He was also a 3x NSCAA First Team All-Midwest Region (2014-2016) and a part of the First Team All-Big 10 Conference Team on three occasions (2014, 2015, and 2016).
He was also nominated for the senior class award in 2016.
Thompson was drafted in the fourth round, 67th overall, in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft by Minnesota United on January 17, 2017. However, he wasn't signed by the club. Thompson later signed with NASL club Indy Eleven on March 21, 2017.
- "Tanner Thompson - 2015".
- "United drafts Tanner Thompson, an Indiana midfielder with ties to Stillwater". 18 January 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-03-27. Retrieved 2017-05-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-03-27. Retrieved 2017-03-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Thompson brothers reunite in San Jose".
- "Thompson brothers are headed to Indiana".
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.