From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||Olmsted Studios, New York City, 1963|
DM-4308 / DS-6308
|Toshiko Akiyoshi chronology|
|Steve Kuhn chronology|
|Alternative cover / title|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos is an album recorded by jazz pianists Toshiko Akiyoshi and Steve Kuhn in New York City in 1963 and released on the Dauntless label. It was later re-released on the Chiaroscuro label under the title, Together, Steve Kuhn and Toshiko Akiyoshi.
LP Side A
- "Trouble in Mind" (R. Jones) – 4:42
- "Hang Your Head in Shame" (E. G. Nelson, S. Nelson, F. Rose) – 3:54
- "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You" (M. Willson) – 3:20
- "Someday You'll Want Me to Want You" (J. Hodges) – 4:20
- "Down in the Valley" (traditional) – 3:40
LP Side B
- Dryden, Ken. "Steve Kuhn & Toshiko Akiyoshi: Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos". Allmusic. Retrieved 2013.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 851. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Feather, Leonard (1966). The Encyclopedia of Jazz in the Sixties. New York: Bonanza Books. p. 269.
- "The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos". High Fidelity. Volume 13, Part 1. p. 78. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.