From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Thinking of You|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 25, 2007|
|Recorded||May 22, 2007|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ|
|Houston Person chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
In his review on Allmusic, Michael G. Nastos states "Person, one of the more consistent jazz performers over the past few decades, is reliable primarily for his soft soul, which holds him and his fans in good stead. This CD is no less enjoyable than many others he has recently released, and is easily recommended". On All About Jazz, Karla Cornejo Villavincencio noted "On tracks like "Why Did I Choose You?" and "People," he exhibits a dexterity that most contemporary jazz musicians would envy". In JazzTimes, William Ruhlmann wrote: "the album provides numerous examples of Person’s usual virtues, not the least of them his abilities as a blues player ... this sounds like an album that could have been made any time in the last 40 years, but that only confirms Person’s consistency".
- "Rock Me to Sleep" (Benny Carter, Paul Vandervoort) – 5:09
- "People" (Jule Styne, Bob Merrill) – 5:18
- "Thinking of You" (Harry Ruby, Bert Kalmar) – 4:53
- "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 6:54
- "Brazilian Emerald" (Peter Hand) – 3:30
- "Why Did I Choose You?" (Michael Leonard, Herbert Martin) – 5:39
- "Black Coffee" (Sonny Burke, Paul Francis Webster) – 6:33
- "Sing" (Joe Raposo) – 5:25
- "Avant de Mourir (My Prayer)" ( Georges Boulanger, Carlos Gomez Barrera Jimmy Kennedy) – 4:37
- "When October Goes" (Barry Manilow, Johnny Mercer) – 2:33
- "Medley: That Sunday, That Summer/Funny" (Joe Sherman, George David Weiss/Hughie Prince, Marcia Neil, Philip Broughton, Merrill) – 4:32
- Jazz Depot: HighNote discography accessed March 7, 2018
- Payne, D. Houston Person Discography accessed March 7, 2018
- Enciclopedia del Jazz: Houston Person accessed March 12, 2018
- Nastos, Michael G.. Houston Person – Thinking of You: Review at AllMusic. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 1149. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Villavincencio, K. C. All About Jazz Review accessed March 7, 2018
- Ruhlmann, W. JazzTimes Review accessed March 7, 2018
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.