From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Leader||Adel Abdel Maqsoud Afify|
|National affiliation||National Legitimacy Support Coalition|
|House of Representatives|
0 / 568
Mahmoud Fathy, the founding deputy chairman, stated that the goals of the party are: to "achieve justice and equality for all citizens, equal distribution of wealth, and to guarantee legal prosecution of anyone who commits a crime against the people". Other party principles include "reform, supporting state institutions in accordance with the constitution, and restoring Egypt’s leading role in the Arab and Islamic worlds". Mostafa Mohamed, a member of the party, said that even Christians can join the party.
The Virtue Party is one of the eleven Islamic parties targeted by a lawsuit in November 2014, when an organization named Popular Front for opposing the Brotherhoodization of Egypt sought to dissolve all political parties established "on a religious basis." The Alexandria Urgent Matters Court however ruled on 26 November 2014 that it lacked jurisdiction.
- "Virtue Party (Al-Fadyla) Party". Egypt Electionnaire. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Salafis in Cairo aim to establish 'Virtue' political party". Egypt Independent. 19 May 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "The new Islamist scene in Egypt". Al Ahram Weekly. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Islamist forces join together for Rabaa Al-Adaweya protest", Daily News Egypt, 28 June 2013, retrieved 16 December 2013
- "Two Egyptian Islamist parties announce merger". Egypt Independent. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Egypt: Salafist Al-Fadila Party Supports Abu Ismail for President". AllAfrica. 25 February 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Auf, Yussef (25 November 2014). "Political Islam's Fate in Egypt Lies in the Hands of the Courts". Atlantic Council. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Court claims no jurisdiction over religiously affiliated parties". Daily News Egypt. 26 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.