- Knowles, Dorothy, The Censor, the Drama and the Film, London, George Allen & Unwin (1934).
- Hunnings, Neville March, Film Censors and the Law, London, Allen & Unwin (1967).
- Mathews, Tom Dewe, Censored, London, Chatto & Windus (1994).
- Richards, Jeffrey, 'The British Board of Film Censors and Content Control in the 1930s', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, vol. 1, no. 2 (1981), pp. 95–116 & vol. 2, no. 1 (1982), pp. 39–48.
- Robertson, James C., 'British Film Censorship Goes to War', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, vol. 2, no. 1 (1982), pp. 49–64.
- Robertson, James C., The British Board of Film Censors: Film Censorship in Britain, 1896–1950, London, Croom Helm (1985).
- Robertson, James C., The Hidden Cinema: British Film Censorship in Action, 1913–72, London, Routledge (1993).
- Baron, Saskia (writer & director), Empire of the Censors – two-part TV documentary, pc. Barraclough Carey, prod. Paul Kerr, BBC2, tx. 28 & 29 May 1995.
- BBFC parents website
- BBFC homepage
- BBFC students website
- Talking Pictures website: Article by Nigel Watson about film censorship issues accompanied by classroom activities for students
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.