From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the English language, the meaning of doyen (and the less common doyenne) has extended from the French definition to also refer to any senior member of a group, particularly one whose knowledge or abilities exceed those of other members.
- Charles A. Doyen (1859–1918), American Marine Corps officer
- Eugène-Louis Doyen (1859–1916), French surgeon
- Gabriel François Doyen (1726–1806), French painter
- Gustave Doyen (1827–1923), French painter
- Louis Doyen, French inventor of Doypack
- Ross Doyen (1926–2014), American farmer, rancher, and state legislator
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.