From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Live album by|
|Recorded||January 11 and March 15-17, 1971|
|Venue||Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club, London, United Kingdom|
|Stan Getz chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
The AllMusic review by Michael G. Nastos stated "Dynasty represents an interesting period in the artistic life of Getz, well out of pure bop, in between his commercial successes with Brazilian music, and on the verge of another phase of his life with fusion pioneers like Chick Corea. This is highly recommended, a solid effort from top to bottom".
All compositions by Eddy Louiss except where noted.
- "Dum! Dum!" - 13:18
- "Ballad for Leo" (René Thomas) - 9:15
- "Our Kind of Sabi" - 17:08
- "Mona" (Albert Mangelsdorff) - 8:30
- "Theme for Emmanuel" (Thomas) - 11:25
- "Invitation" (Bronisław Kaper, Paul Francis Webster) - 4:37
- "Ballad for My Dad" (Louiss, Thomas) - 3:12
- "Song for Martine" - 10:52
- "Dynasty" - 9:42
- "I Remember Clifford" (Benny Golson) - 5:24 (bonus track - on 1989 CD reissue only)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.