From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|There Were Thirteen|
|Directed by||David Howard|
|Written by||Earl Derr Biggers (novel)|
|Produced by||William Fox|
Ana María Custodio
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
There Were Thirteen (Spanish: Eran trece) is a 1931 American Pre-Code mystery film directed by David Howard and starring Juan Torena, Ana María Custodio, and Rafael Calvo, with Manuel Arbó as Charlie Chan.
It is a Spanish-language version of the 1931 Hollywood film Charlie Chan Carries On, with a separate cast and several plot alterations. Like the English original, which has been lost, it was based on the 1930 novel Charlie Chan Carries On by Earl Derr Biggers.
- Juan Torena as Dick Kennaway
- Ana María Custodio as Elen Potter
- Rafael Calvo as Inspector Duff
- Raul Roulien as Max Minchin
- Blanca de Castejón as Peggy Minchin
- Miguel Ligero as Frank Benbow
- Amelia Santee as Señora Benbow
- Carmen Rodríguez as Señora Rockwel
- Julio Villarreal as Dr. Lofton
- José Nieto as Capitán Kin
- Carlos Díaz de Mendoza as Walter Decker
- Lia Torá as Sybil Conway
- Martin Garralaga as John Ross
- Antonio Vidal as Paul Nielson
- Ralph Navarro as Inspector Gardner
- Manuel Arbó as Charlie Chan
- Jarvinen pp. 123-24
- Jarvinen, Lisa. The Rise of Spanish-language Filmmaking: Out from Hollywood's Shadow, 1929-1939. Rutger's University Press, 2012.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.