From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Italian television related events from 1989.
- 1989 Cartolina (Postcard) – daily column by Andrea Barbato, consisting of a five minutes open letter addressed to a personality of politics or everyday life; five seasons. 
- Agenzia matrimoniale (Marriage agency) – people show, hosted by Marta Flavi (by then wife of the producer Maurizio Costanzo) and later by Barbara D’Urso; 9 seasons. In every episode, two lonely hearts have a blind date in front of the cameras.
- C’eravamo tanto amati (Once we loved each other so much) – talk-show, hosted by Luca Barbareschi; 5 seasons. The program, forerunner of the future trash-TV, is focused on the angry quarrels (largely staged) of couples in crisis; despite its bad taste, it gets public success and has an American version (That’s amore).
- Bellezze al bagno (Bathing beauties) – game show, aired in the summer from the most famous Italian water parks; 5 seasons. 
- Una donna spezzata – by Marco Leto, from Simone de Beauvoir’s La femme rompue, with Lea Massari and Erland Josephson, in 2 parts. A middle-class woman has to face the crumbling of her seemingly happy family.
- The jeweler’s shop – by Michael Anderson, from the Karol Woytila’s play, with Burt Lancaster and Olivia Hussey.
- I promessi sposi (The betrothed) – by Salvatore Nocita, from the Alessandro Manzoni’s novel, with Danny Quinn and Delphine Forest as protagonists and a stellar cast in the minor roles (Alberto Sordi, Burt Lancaster, F. Murray Abraham, Franco Nero, Dario Fo); in 5 episodes. Realized with a 20 billion liras budget, in coproduction with Bayerischer Rundfunk and the Croatian television, the series gets high ratings in Italy; it’s instead ravaged by critics, who reproach it the infidelity to the book, transformed into a cloak and dagger story, and the mediocrity of the two lead actors.
- Modì, vita di Amedeo Modigliani (Life of Amedeo Modigliani) – by Franco Brogi Taviani, with Richard Berry in the title role; 3 episodes.
- The last days of Pompei, by Peter Hunt, from the Edward Bulwer-Lytton’s novel, with Nicholas Clay, Olivia Hussey and Franco Nero; 4 episodes.
- Ars Amanda – malicious talk show, hosted by Amanda Lear, set in a bed where the singer and her guests chats about eroticism.
- La notte della repubblica (The night of the republic) – by Sergio Zavoli; monumental enquiry in 18 episodes about the Years of lead, with precious witnesses of many protagonists of the tragic season, politicians or terrorists.
- "Berlino '89, cronache dal crollo". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Cartolina". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Agenzia matrimoniale". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "C'eravamo tanto amati". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Bellezze al bagno". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-12.
- "Una donna spezzata". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-12-16.
- "La bottega dell'orefice". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-12.
- "I promessi sposi (1989)". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Ars Amanda". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-07-09.
- "La notte della Repubblica". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Cristina 2". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-12.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.